Saturday, October 27, 2018

Weekly Update

I finished the parent-teacher conferences this week and want to thank everyone for coming to meet me. The partnership between me and you is so important and please know I am here anytime, and love working with your sweet daughters!

Next week will be a fun one with Halloween on Wednesday! We look forward to seeing the girls dressed up as a Wordly Wise word. On Wednesday afternoon, we will have our Halloween party. There will be NO homework on Halloween night so the girls can have a fun night of trick or treating.


Math: The girls did very well multiplying two, three, and even four digit numbers by a one digit number. When we moved on to multiplying a two digit number by a two digit number, there was more confusion. We will continue to practice this next week with computation practice in the workbook, as well as EdPuzzles and Musical Moments. I have showed your daughter how to multiply by a two digit number with the traditional algorithm so feel free to support her at home with this method.

Language Arts: We discussed the difference between simple and compound sentences and learned about conjunctions that can be used to connect two simpler sentences. Ask your daughter about FANBOYS. We are close to finishing our class read aloud, Fish in a Tree. It really is a fabulous book! Next, we will read a novel called All of a Kind Family. Each girl will have her own copy of the book to read. We will read some in class, independently, in pairs, and at home. We have a recording of each chapter for the girls to listen along as they read, if they would find that helpful. I will explain more to the girls next week. Their realistic fiction book and notes are due by Friday. In class, we will make a book trailer using a site called Animoto. This week, the girls brought home their dresses they designed after we read The Hundred Dresses. This was a fun project and I am proud of their designs and the encouraging quotes the included. Here are their creations!



Our Innovation Day on Thursday was an amazing experience and I hope your daughter shared a bit about what she learned from Sportable. It was a memorable day!



Reminders:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Update

Girls, I miss you already! I was working in my classroom today and it was very quiet!!! I hope your summer is off to a great start. ...